Friday, May 27, 2011

Violence Against Women written by Beth Bramble, LCSW

Violence against women is a very serious global issue. Over the next few weeks I hope to shed light on this complicated, controversial and frequently misunderstood topic.

I will begin with eductional blogs that will include a current review of the literature, statistics and news articles related to violence against women.

My goal is to provide the education and information necessary for individuals to gain awareness, understanding and empathy for the women who are currently sufferring, and for our sons and our daughters, for whom we hope and pray will NEVER become a statistic, I offer you hope. For all of the survivors, and the fearless warriors who fight this battle each and every day, and give of themselves, I commend you for your strength and courage. For those family members and friends who have lost a loved one to a homicide or a suicide that was related to violence against women, I offer you my hand. Our doors are always open at Beth Bramble Psychotherapy Associates, PLLC.

2 comments:

  1. How could someone do such a thing.

    I get upset at the title alone I don't even have to read this.

    Pick on someone your own size.. I detest guys that hit women no matter what.

    I can say you definitely have not been through what I have.

    You can take that to the bank.

    If I see this abuse in person your going to see this Yankee kick some Cowboy ass! I will knock you into next week your a sorry low life puss!

    This will not fee good cowboy..

    Smarten Up!.. puss! -mj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mj- thnx for the support. We need more men fighting the good fight, raising awareness & reminding people THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. I will continue this series. Unfortunately I was distracted writing on other topics. But I will just write from experience working with domestic violence & domestic violence related homicide. I'll keep you posted. Beth

      Delete